Work at VIS
Our current vacancies are always advertised here, and in professional publications, as appropriate. The recruiting process is described directly below the advertised vacancy.
At the moment we are looking for a Secondary School Principal, if you are interested, please click here.
If you wish to register your interest with us for a vacant or for future teaching / leadership vacancies please apply through our online recruiting system Schrole. The Vienna International School utilizes Schrole Connect (www.schrole.com) to manage all teaching applications, therefore all applicants for teaching positions are requested to follow the above link.
For additional information, please contact hr(at)vis.ac.at. If inquiring about a specific position, please state the vacancy job title in your email subject.
- Competitive salaries
- Responsibility allowances
- Professional development allowance
- Settling-in allowances
- Assistance in finding accommodation
- Tuition (taxable) for dependents
- Top-up pension scheme
- For Admin-, summer helper- or ESS- positions, we are unable to accept unsolicited applications.
- For teaching/leadership positions, we are unable to accept unsolicited applications by email or mail!
All teachers must hold an appropriate teaching certificate, academic degree or a comparable teaching qualification acceptable to the School. In appointing teachers, preference is given to those who have had four years of teaching experience, have not taught exclusively in their own national system and who have appropriate computer competence.
If you are interested in substitution work, please send your up-dated CV together with a letter of application (please indicate if you are interested in Primary or Secondary school or both) and a copy of your degrees, certificates and passport via email to Karin Sigle at hr(at)vis.ac.at.
- Please send us your application letter CV and certificates as one attachment only, in pdf-format.
- Please note that a teaching qualification (Master or Bachelor in Education or similar) and a valid residence permit for Austria is required.
As a general rule, face-to-face interviews are required prior to any appointments. Interviews are held at the candidate's expense in Vienna, or any other agreed location. VIS advertises and recruits through Schrole, CIS, Search Associates.
assuming responsibility on August 1, 2019.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, the Principal is to administer the Secondary School according to the policies established by the Board of Governors and under the overall supervision of the Director.
Please click here to view the "Brief for the position of Secondary School Principal at Vienna International School".
The detailed job description of the Secondary Principal can be found here.
Deadline for receipt of full applications as soon as possible and no later than
Sunday, September 23, 2018.
Candidates are asked to submit the requested materials as early as possible, as the school reserves the right to close the selection process if the right candidate is found prior to the published date. The review of files will begin as soon as applications are received.
- a letter of application,
- a current CV,
- a statement outlining educational philosophy and leadership style,
- a copy of professional certificates,
- a copy of passport,
- and contact details of a minimum of three professional referees; these should include the head of your current school plus persons in senior positions of responsibility who can validate the applicant's performance in a leadership or management role.
- Professional dossiers may also be submitted by the candidate but the School's Search Committee reserves the right to apply directly to the writers of open testimonials for confidential statements.
- appropriate graduate degree and educational leadership credentials
- previous successful experience in both national and international settings
- prior experience in a senior leadership position
- ability to effectively pursue and foster educational excellence
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- knowledge of and experience with the implementation of strategic intentions
- knowledge of and experience with curriculum development and staff relations
- knowledge of and experience with international Baccalaureate programmes
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired Personal Characteristics
- a committed and dynamic educational leader
- a considerate and caring individual
- appreciative of cultural diversity and demonstrating cultural sensitivity
- demonstrating integrity in all aspects of life
- possessing excellent listening skills
- capable of making and communicating thoughtful and sound decisions
- able to develop and maintain trust amongst all constituents
Desired Personal Beliefs & Values
- A strong commitment to the beliefs and values of the IB programmes
- A strong commitment to the belief that all children can be successful
- A willingness to support and promote intercultural understanding and international-mindedness
The salary and benefits are competitive. For non-local candidates, benefits include a generous settling-in allowance, contract travel at beginning and end of employment and administrative assistance with location of suitable housing.
In addition, the school offers a supplementary pension contribution representing 5% of gross annual earnings, a laptop computer and mobile phone.
All VIS employees are subject to local taxes and pay medical and pension benefits as prescribed in Austrian labour law. (Minimum annual salary € 90.000,--.)