We are looking to recruit the position of IT Infrastructure Engineer full-time cover for a one year leave of absence.
The IT Infrastructure Engineer is expected to:
- Provide technical support regarding the network and servers environment in the school including the installation, upgrade and maintenance of server and networking hardware, server operating systems and software, and the physical and wireless network
- Maintain the school’s telephone system
- Provide technical support for IT Infrastructure projects.
- Work together with our IT service partners when needed.
- Support in creating and reviewing server, infrastructure and security policies and procedures
- Maintain the inventory of server and network hardware and software
- Support and assist the IT Infrastructure Team Leader, including deputising during sickness/holidays etc.
- Prepare the technical specifications for tendering of IT Infrastructure hardware and software
- IT University Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in working with onsite and remote servers and network support in general.
- Experience with Microsoft windows servers, Virtualisation technologies (ESXi), backup systems, database systems (SQL) and email systems (MS Exchange)
- Experience in administrating and troubleshooting wireless and wired networks.
- Experience in managing and maintaining Office 365, Azure Cloud and MS Teams
- In depth knowledge of networking, server related technologies, as well as Macintosh and PC systems
- Experience with Linux servers and understanding of the ITIL framework and an asset
- Proven record of successfully providing quality technical support
- Fluency in English required, fluency in German an asset
- Very good organizational skills and structured working style
- Flexibility and team spirit
- Strong communication and positive interaction skills required in an international environment
Vienna International School offers
- An incentive salary (between EUR 2.323,-- and EUR 4.022,-) depending on qualification and previous work experience
- A congenial working atmosphere
- Holiday entitlement of 34 days
- Continuous Professional Development opportunities
Please send your CV, together with a letter of application (both in English) one PDF document maximum size 5MB via email to hr(at)vis.ac.at. Please note that only the one attached document in pdf-format will be reviewed. For Non-EU-citizens a valid residence title and work permit for Austria is required.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!