Join our team as
IT Technician (m/f/d)
We are seeking to appoint a first line IT Technician on a full-time basis; please apply if you are available immediately, soon or only after summer: we are flexible!
The purpose of this post is to provide an efficient and effective IT technical support service to students, staff and guest speakers, whilst ensuring the safe operation and maintenance of IT technologies within the Vienna International School. The postholder will work in an IT Support Team of three, also working closely with the IT Infrastructure team and the Information systems department.
This is an incredible opportunity for an IT Technician to make a difference and join a great international team of people within a supportive, values-led organisation.
We provide outstanding education and outreach teams who work hard to ensure that every learner reaches their full potential. We are committed to harnessing learning and teaching technologies to empower all students to be inquiring, inspired, and involved lifelong 21st century learners and are looking for staff members who share our mission!
The VIS is a great organisation to work for. We offer:
- 30 days annual leave + 4 additional all-staff school holidays
- commitment to your continued professional development
- if with us for more than a year, a private top-up pension scheme
- An incentive salary (between € 2.871,-- and € 3.893,--) depending on qualifications and previous work experience
We are looking forward to receiving your application if these are your superpowers:
Customer Contact Experience: You have at least two years of customer service experience, ideally in a multicultural environment, and understand the importance of empathetic service.
Technical understanding and background: You have already worked in a technical environment and can explain technical issues in an easily understandable way. You have experience supporting both Microsoft and Apple operating systems in depth. The basis of your skills is your university degree in a technology-related field, or a similar qualification. You are always keen to engage in further self-directed learning to meet the needs of a changing and dynamic working environment; ideally, you already hold MDM certifications or have concluded training in other IT related fields.
Communication Skills: You communicate, personally and in writing, in a precise and recipient-friendly manner. You defuse potential conflicts by being sensitive and solution-oriented. You always find friendly words for your customers (of all ages) and for your colleagues - even under time pressure.
An excellent communication in English is a matter of course for you. Ideally, you can also communicate in German.
Organisational talent: You work in a structured and reliable manner and can set priorities independently. Thanks to your excellent planning skills, you always maintain an overview, even in stressful situations, and work effectively in a coworking space, and in a team.
(A full job description and person specification can be found here.)
How to apply:
When submitting your application via Email, please:
- write the name of the position you are applying for, and your full name in the subject line: "IT Technician - 'first name' 'last name'" (This is important as we work with automatic filters.)
- Send us your application letter and CV as one attachment only, in pdf-format. Do not paste your application into the body of the email - please note that only the one attached document in pdf-format will be reviewed (maximum pdf size: 5MB)
- Please note that applicants who are non-Eu citizens can only be considered if holding a valid residence permit including access to the labour market.
- If you are interested, please send your full application via Email to recruiting(at)vis.ac.at. For an informal conversation about the position, or if you have any additional queries, please also contact our HR Team at recruiting(at)vis.ac.at.
Please also note:
We are committed to safeguarding and expect all our employees to share our commitment. An employment offer is subject to an enhanced background check.
The position will remain open until filled – but an early date for application is preferred and encouraged.
We value diversity and expressly welcome ALL applications!